I’ve been posting drawing related links to Twitter now for over a year and have come across some wonderful blogs. I thought I’d share some of my favourites.
1. Danny Gregory. Danny’s blog was one of the first drawing blogs I discovered and, together with his book Everyday Matters, was largely responsible for my picking up a pen and sketchbook. Recently redesigned, his blog provides a huge resource and source of inspiration for anyone interesting in drawing.
2. Doodlers Anonymous Hooked on doodling, sketching and drawing? The contributors to Doodlers Anonymous all are.
3. Drawn The best place for daily news and inspiration about all things drawn.
4. FingerPainted.it Excellent site for anyone interested in drawing and painting on their iPhone or iPodTouch (and probably soon the iPad).
6. Jours Chômés Martin Dessin always has exquisite pages from his sketchbook to look at over on his site.
7. Keri Smith Along with Danny Gregory, Keri Smith and her inspirational blog were instrumental in getting me drawing (and blogging).
9. Marc Johns makes witty “serious” drawings.
10. Moleskinerie Not strictly a drawing site, but I do love my Moleskines and this site has some great articles and links if you’re a fellow addict.
12. Obsessive Consumption: What Did You Buy Today? Kate Bingaman-Burt’s beautiful blog charting (and drawing) what she’s been buying.
13. Sara Louise Tucker One of the things I love most about posting links to Twitter is that I regularly discover new (to me) artists and blogs. Sara’s site is one I came across very recently. I can’t get enough of her drawings.
18. Wagonized France Belleville makes beautiful drawings.
19. Woolgathering I think of Elizabeth Perry’s work as the zen of drawing! Her simple lines always make me feel calm and are a constant reminder to try and keep my own life and work as pared down as possible.
20. Urban Sketchers has grown into one of the must-visit drawing blogs on the web.
This is by no means an exhaustive list. There are plenty of other sites I love, visit regularly and post about on my Twitter stream. I’d love to hear some of your favourites too. Let me know about them over on Twitter.
Would you like to build a regular drawing habit? My little ebook, Start to Draw Your Life, could provide just the inspiration you need.
Find out how to get a copy here.